Holistic Medicine Questions and Answers
Holistic medicine provides an option for patients to receive both conventional medical care as well as alternative therapies and treatments. At Trivita Clinic of Integrative Medicine, we proudly offer holistic medicine services. Contact us for more information. We serve patients from Scottsdale AZ, Arcadia AZ, Gainey Ranch AZ, Paradise Valley AZ, and Tempe AZ.
At Trivita Clinic of Integrative Medicine, we aim to combine traditional medical practices with alternative therapies and treatments to help provide our patients with holistic medical care that considers their body, mind, and soul.
What is Holistic Medicine?
Holistic medicine covers a relatively broad range of treatments, therapies, and medical approaches, including integrative medicine (IM), homeopathy, naturopathic medicine, and more. In general, it refers to a form of health care that considers the entire person, that is, a patient’s mind, body, emotions, spirit, and environmental influences. In this way, holistic medicine differs from conventional medicine, which typically treats the symptoms of disease and illness in the body by compartmentalizing it into its various parts. Holistic medicine doctors can include osteopathic doctors, integrative physicians, naturopathic doctors, traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) doctors, and more.
At Trivita Clinic, the branch of holistic medicine that we practice is integrative medicine, which combines conventional medical treatment with alternative therapies to enhance patients’ health instead of merely treating their symptoms. Some examples of integrative medicine include acupuncture, aromatherapy, dietary supplements, nutritional coaching, and more. Additionally, we also provide treatments such as hormone replacement therapy (HRT), neurofeedback, and pulsed electromagnetic field therapy (PEMF) at Trivita Clinic of Integrative Medicine. With such treatment options, integrative medicine has proven to be effective in treating numerous conditions and illnesses, including the following:
- Addiction and substance abuse
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Anxiety, depression, and various mental health disorders
- Cardiovascular disease
- Chronic pain
- Lyme disease
- Parkinson’s disease
- Tourette’s syndrome
- Women’s health issues, including endometriosis, premenstrual syndrome, ovarian cysts, osteoporosis, and more
How Does Holistic Medicine Work?
To explain how holistic medicine works, it is helpful to clarify the core values of holistic medicine, which are as follows:
- An individual is not defined by their condition or disease
- Health is considered to be a combination of emotional, mental, physical, social, and spiritual well-being
- Disease is not a single event affecting one body part, but something that affects and is caused by problems in the body, mind, spirit, and environmental influences
- Goal of treatment is to address the underlying cause of the disease and bring about holistic health, as opposed to the mere improvement or reversal of symptoms
- Illness prevention is paramount
- Relationship between the physician and patient is a partnership, which influences the treatment plan and outcome
- Treatment involves patient education, self-care, traditional medicine, complementary and alternative medicine (CAM), and other options
With this in mind, holistic medicine works to help patients by examining every factor contributing to a patient’s symptoms, condition, or illness. While medication may be prescribed, your holistic medicine doctor will also consider your diet, exercise, and sleep habits, stress levels and mental wellness, preferred spiritual practices, problems with work or social life, and more to help provide in-depth care to the patient. Rather than merely aiming to mask or eliminate symptoms, holistic medicine seeks to also work on the external and internal factors that contribute to those symptoms.
Where Can I Find A Holistic Medicine Doctor in Scottsdale, AZ?
If you live in or near Scottsdale, Arizona, and are looking for a holistic medicine doctor for a specific illness, condition, or unexplained symptoms, we would be delighted to be of service at Trivita Clinic of Integrative Medicine! You can find our clinic at 16100 North, Greenway Hayden Loop, Suite G-100, in Scottsdale, AZ. Our doors are open to you Monday through Friday from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
▸Food Allergy Treatment
▸Holistic Primary Care
▸Women’s health services, including endometriosis, ovarian cysts, premenstrual syndrome, and osteoporosis
▸Addictions, Substance Abuse
▸Anxiety, Depression, Various Mental Illnesses
▸Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
▸Coronary Artery Disease
▸Dietary Supplements, Nutritional Coaching
▸Heart Smart Testing
▸Hormone Replacement Therapy
▸Pulsed Electromagnetic Field Therapy