For an asthmatic person, symptom management and treatment is really important and can allow the person to live a more active, healthier lifestyle. We’re able to help in a great number of ways here at Trivita Clinic. If you or a loved one needs asthma treatment in Scottsdale AZ, get in touch with our clinic today. We’ll tell you everything else you’d like to know about our clinic and asthma treatment with us.
What are the symptoms of asthma?
Symptoms can vary a lot and occur at different times from person to person. Sometimes symptoms can be so severe that they require going to the emergency room (ER). They generally include:
- Difficulty breathing/shortness of breath
- Coughing or wheezing, and sometimes coughing or wheezing attacks
- A whistling/wheezing sound while exhaling, which is an especially common sign of asthma in children
- Chest discomfort/tightness
- Any of the above symptoms that flare up during exercise, when exposed to workplace irritants like chemical fumes, with a viral infection like the flu, or with allergies like a pollen allergy
Asthma cannot be cured, but the symptoms can be managed or relieved significantly. This is something we can help with here at Trivita Clinic.
What can be done about asthma?
At a primary care clinic like ours, the professionals can diagnose asthma and its cause, and help a patient manage the condition. For a patient with allergic asthma, allergy testing will reveal allergens the patient should avoid, like mold, pet dander, or dust. However, avoiding allergens may not be enough for a patient like this, and it isn’t applicable to a patient with non-allergic asthma, so in these cases, other methods and treatments should be considered. They can include:
- A long-term plan for managing symptoms
- Use of an air conditioner or a dehumidifier
- A controller medication to help prevent asthma attacks
- A quick-acting (rescue) inhaler for asthma attacks
- A nebulizer instead of an inhaler for younger children and patients who have difficulty with inhalers
- Vaccinations for influenza and pneumonia, which can prevent the conditions from triggering flare-ups
- Allergy medications for allergic asthma
- Allergy immunotherapy for some cases of allergic asthma
Please remember that whenever a situation is or could be life-threatening for a patient, the only option is to get treated at the ER. For the long-term management of asthma, come see us here at Trivita Clinic.
Do I need to see a specialist for my asthma?
In most cases, asthma can be managed with the help of a primary care doctor like ours here at Trivita Clinic. Our doctor can help you come up with a comprehensive treatment plan, and your plan can be adjusted based on whether/how your symptoms change. For instance, if your treatment plan is effectively controlling your asthma, the doctor may prescribe less medication. Or if your asthma isn’t controlled or is getting worse, the doctor might recommend more frequent visits or another approach to treatment. Our doctor is able to network with other healthcare professionals and specialists if necessary.
Do you offer asthma treatment in Scottsdale, AZ?
Yes, we do! We offer asthma treatment near you at 16100 North, Greenway Hayden Loop, Suite G-100, Scottsdale, AZ 85260. Trivita Clinic of Integrative Medicine is available to you Monday to Friday, 9 am to 5 pm. If you or a loved one needs our help with asthma, give us a call today. We’ll answer any of your questions and, if you like, get you booked in for a consultation with us. You can book your consultation with us online if you’d prefer that instead.
With our assistance, you’ll be able to manage your asthma and have the active lifestyle you want. The first step is to reach out to us at Trivita Clinic!